Anyone can turn their current carbon-intensive RRSP or TFSA into a clean energy powerhouse with the help of Questrade, one of Canada’s leading online investment brokerages that allows you to manage your own investments, while avoiding the sometimes prohibitively expensive management fees you may find elsewhere. And the best part is, you don’t need to be a technical or financial whiz to make the switch.
Become a clean energy investor in just a few clicks
To help you get started, we’ve laid out the process in 6 easy steps.
- Sign up to invest in CoPower Green Bonds. This will involve a quick, online application process and phone call with a member of CoPower’s investor team.
- Choose your CoPower Green Bonds and complete the purchase by filling out a subscription agreement.
- Register for an account with Questrade. They will ask some basic financial and employment information and it should take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
- Fund your Questrade account. Move the money you’d like to invest in CoPower Green Bonds into your Questrade account - this can be as simple as making a bill payment through your bank account.
- Tell Questrade about your CoPower Green Bond investment. We will email you a letter of direction that you can print, sign and email back to us, instructing Questrade to transfer funds to CoPower. At this point, the heavy lifting is up to us. We’ll work directly with Questrade to complete the transaction and deliver your bond certificate.
- Celebrate the good deal and the good deed!
Questrade prides themselves on their low fees helping you “keep more of your money,” and in this case they’re no different. To hold CoPower Green Bonds in a registered account they charge a one-time purchase fee of $75 and a quarterly holding fee of $25. Though CoPower Green Bonds are not public securities themselves, Questrade will waive the quarterly fee for investors who maintain more than $15,000 in public securities in their Questrade account.*
For many of our investors, but not all, the tax savings you can enjoy by investing via a registered account will outweigh these fees. With that in mind, we’ve created a simple calculator to help you understand whether it’s more profitable to invest via a registered account or directly with us.
Interested in holding CoPower Green Bonds in a RRSP or TFSA, but not keen on opening a new investment account? Not to worry, CoPower has relationships with other brokerages across Canada and is developing new ones all the time. As well, if you have a wealth advisor you can also speak to them about aligning your investments with your values and we would be happy to work with them to help you invest in CoPower Green Bonds.
And of course, if you’re looking to invest outside of a registered account you can always purchase your CoPower Green Bonds directly through our online platform at CoPower.me.
Got questions? We’re happy to chat about your personal CoPower Green Bond investing journey and help you at any stage of the process. Drop us a line at email@example.com.
*Fees charged by Questrade are subject to change without notice.